Thursday 12 March 2015

Motivation Thursday.............Being a woman


For so many people the above will ring true, but why..........

I feel that in many cases a woman is her own worst enemy, I know I am.

I have had many times when I have thought I have failed my child or children in some way, but they don't think so. So why do I?

This is a question I cannot answer, I don't know the answer.

I know I do my best for my family and I always try to be there when they need me and step up when asked to help but there are times when I have to say no I can't help I have other plans and usually when I do this I will get but can't you change your plans, I really need you mum do you have to do such and such can't it wait and me being me will often give in and change my plans but if I can't I get “fine don't help me then” this upsets me and makes me feel like I am failing.

I know that I am no but I can't seem to change how I feel and I will become depressed and sad and sometimes I will even cry because I feel so bad. Even when the daughter in question tells me she didn't mean it and she understands I am busy it doesn't help I still feel terrible.

Also who do we say a woman has to think like a man, what the hell is wrong with the way a woman thinks............nothing if you ask me

Many women feel it is wrong to age and have grey hair and some lines or even wrinkles on their body it is not it is natural.


As for working like a horse well yeah all women do that if we are married and have a job we usually end up still being the one doing 90% of the housework because men don't and even often if we have a man who is willing to do some of it we will complain they have not done it “right” as in our way as if our way is always the right way. We hate it when a man acts like his way has to be the “right” way but in fact many women when it comes to household chores feel that their way is the “right” way. 

10 comments:

  1. That saying is no doubt out of date for today's women in most cases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Jo-Anne,
    In the older days for sure the woman had to do the lion share inside her home. My Dad would not lift a finger when I was a child. Mom had to work in the greenhouses, on the feelds + do all the cooking, laundry and cleaning with the help from us girls. Later years my Dad stepped in when she had already kidney dialysis. My husband is a great helper so we do about 50-50 if we can.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim has his moments when he can be a help but since I don't work outside the home I am fine with doing most of the work at home

      Delete
  3. Steve Harvey wrote a book called "Act Like a Woman, Think Like A Man"/ I haven't read it yet but it's written to help women become wiser in relationships etc. Might have to buy it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a ladies post... I'll go hide in the corner...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you get rid of the cobwebs while you are there

      Delete

Australians Under Fire Intro Pt 1

  So, after going through some stuff, I found this book called Australians Under Fire 1942 and have decoded to use it for my Wednesday posts...