Wednesday 17 September 2014

Hawaii Day Two


Well here it is day two of our Hawaii vacation and what a relaxing day it has been, breakfast which is included was great and I over ate a bit but that I say was because last night we didn't have dinner just didn't feel like it. My back and shoulders/neck is aching from all the walking and carrying my hand back which I sling across my chest to prevent it being stolen.

After breaky we went for a walk but I also came back to the room to change into my shorts and noticed that the email I sent yesterday to the travel agent didn't go so I had to copy it and send it again this time through my gmail account and that went.

We went on a bus ride this morning I like to jump to a bus and take a ride but most of the time Tim doesn't want to do it which is annoying but this morning he agreed and he liked it.

We have picked up the tour vouchers although it took us a while to find the place to get them from but it is done now so all good. I have also contacted my eldest daughter and my sister to see if someone could ring the booking centre for the travel agent for us. I am not stressing over it but it still a concern.

This afternoon Tim went down to the pool and got into the hot tub while I sat in the bar and had a Blue Hawaiian and a bowl of chips, then I came back and had a nice long bath and as I sit here I am writing this and looking at the beach.


I can tell you one thing I have a bloody headache, oh yeah when Tim joined me at the bar he asks what I was drinking I told him, he asks how much is that I told him I didn't know around $11 and he had this look as if he thought I paid too much but he didn't say anything which is a good thing as if he had I would have been annoyed as he has spent close to $30 on grog since we arrived.

10 comments:

  1. wow, what a view. i bet the weather is great too. enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather is bloody hot but lovely also and I do like the view

      Delete
  2. If Tim says anything about you buying a drink a chips, you tell him I'll punch him in the nose. I'd love to join you at the bar.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, he has spent more money than I have since being here although I did get 2 new pairs of shoes today, the first pair I looked at which are thong sandals he said three or four times do you really want them and made me second guess myself but after we split up I went and got them and thought I want them I am getting them

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It is I do like sitting here looking out at the view

      Delete
  4. Beautiful!! Someday I will get there. Funny, I think it's closer to your home than mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful place to visit, we went to Pearl Harbour today and it was great

      Delete
  5. Oooohhh....Hawaii! Lucky duck. I've always wanted to go. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Jo-Anne,
    So I see you have been to the USA! We flew back from work in Melbourne, via Sydney of course and a stop in Hawaii where we went through customs. Funny to have that feeling you are 'home' and still need another 8-hour flight to the east coast.
    You wrote in your comment on my blog today: I have never worn a hand crocheted bikini but when I was in my early 20's I would live in a bikini during the stinking hot summer days...
    Well I replied this:'
    Dearest Jo-Anne,
    Well, not for The Netherlands as their summers are never as hot as they are here in Georgia/USA or in NSW, Australia! You do live at 32° lattitude south and we live at 32° lattitude north so that is pretty much the same. I know from my aunt and uncle, when I visited them in Broken Hill, NSW over the weekend when I worked in the Melbourne area. They tried to explain to me their type of grass they had in the lawn; it was exactly the same as we have here. So much similarities. In summer time one can live in a bikini here easily; not for shopping of course!
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    Glad to read that you went to Hawaii and hope it was a great vacation.
    Next time you learn to drink PLENTY of water for preventing a headache. The stress and anxiety of the trip is already enough and during such a flight you do dehydrate a LOT. So the more water you drink (yes, plain water and nothing else) the better. Alcohol makes it worse as that too is a diuretic, it will drain you even more...
    Kindest regards!
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Working Life in the 1890's Australia

Ok this week we are looking at farming in the 1890’s Australia with the invention of milking machines dairy farmers were encouraged to use t...