Wednesday 30 April 2014

Do you see things clearly


Sometimes you need to distance yourself to see things clearly have you heard this saying? I have and when I was younger I didn't get it but of course with age comes wisdom. Well I hope I am wiser, I like to think I am but honestly who knows how wiser one becomes.

When you look back at your youth do you ever think “what was I thinking” do you have times when you think you must had taken a stupid pill that morning because you did or acted in such a stupid way and can't believe you did.

There are times I think Judge Judy was right when she said “beauty fades dumb is forever” because I know some really dumb people and if you ever meet any of Tim's family you may think stupid runs through the veins like blood.

But back to the topic seeing things better once you have distanced yourself from the sitituation, we all know of someone who is in a terrible relationship but they are unable to see they are being treated like shit, till the relationship is over and they can step back and see it for what it was.

Being in the middle of something makes it really hard to see the big picture and how things really are, many people have tunnel vision and can only see what is right around them.

Do you think it is hard to step back and see things clearly? I do, if it was easy more people would do it.

I think most of us when we are young think we are seeing things clearly because often youth clouds things and when we are young we are more likely to wear rose coloured glasses that make things appear clear when in fact they are really unclear and out of focus.


I hope all my blog friends are seeing life clearly and have taken off those rose coloured glasses and smashed them. 

8 comments:

  1. I think forgiving yourself for the stupidity is sometimes harder once you're able to step back and see things clearly. I can live with the mistakes of youth because when you know better, you do better. Hopefully. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. In our younger age we will be so eager to do things. At times we don't analyse what we are doing. But as we grow up we keep thinking twice or thrice before doing a work. I think that will be the meaning of the quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look back and see huge mistakes I made but sadly, a person can't go back and choose a different path. It all worked out fine for me but I am not one of those people that say they don't have regrets. I do for sure. Luckily my mistakes never hurt anyone other than me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we can learn from our mistakes and bad choices then hopefully it will make us a better person

      Delete
  4. I do think I have a much more realistic view of things now that I'm older. But it is still nice to put on those rose colored glasses now and again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as we take off those rose coloured glasses at times and see things how they really are then no harm in them

      Delete

Working Life in 1890's Australia

  Throughout the 1890’s conferences had been held about the six colonies forming a federation, workers formed a large part of those who vote...