Tuesday 14 January 2014

My pain in the bum and a baby shower too


Word of the day: Contrarious

Apparently it means perverse or obstinate, is is also an adjective meaning difficult to deal with. The idea for this post came from this guy: http://thisblogneedsatitle.com/2014/01/12/word-of-the-day-contrarious and this post he wrote.

Now you are wondering where I am going with this, well I will tell you, the word to me seems to be another word for “husband” or “man” come on I am sure I am not the only one who things the word describes the man in their life.

Now I love my husband Tim but come lets be honest here, he can be a right pain in the bum, yes he is my pain in the bum but still he is a pain in the bum.

Moving on yesterday I went to a baby shower/ Norwex party http://norwex.com/norwex.php?lng=22&cnt=13. Like many who go to these parties I bought something I couldn't afford to buy much but I did buy something to help out my niece.

It is my niece Kirsty who both is selling Norwex and having a baby herself, she is having a baby girl and is due in May. Kirsty lives in Queensland so we don't get to see her that often but have to say she looked stunning as she always does. Her sister Heather, is the one who hosted the shower/party and have to say I did have a good time, I am glad I went.

Lastly I will tell all that last night it was just me and Tim here as Kelli & Daemon spent the night at her mother's place along with Kirsty. I hope they had a nice night and that it wasn't too crowded as Sue only has a small one bedroom flat, but I know she would have loved having them there.






19 comments:

  1. That's a good word, and I think it applies to many men. Willy Dunne Wooters is contrarious when he thinks that starting an argument is the same as having a discussion.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So even Willy Dunne Wooters is contrarious at times well I never

      Delete
  2. That is definitely a good word!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful cake! I've bought Norwex products a couple times, the facial cloths. I don't know of one man that isn't a pain in the butt! (American translation) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes we love em even if they are a pain in the bum .

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a gorgeous cake! I love baby showers and here, we always seem to end up playing silly, weird games. I don't know if that's the custom anywhere else, but it surely makes for lots of laughs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do play games at the baby shower, but they are not weird.

      Delete
  6. Ugh. MEN.
    I have bought Norwex cleaning cloths and do like them. They dust well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So seems my blogger friends are in agreement men are a pain in the bum...........

      Delete
  7. So contrarious = men in general. Okay. Got it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cake is really cute. Norwex parties are getting quite popular here. I have been to three of them just lately. There products are rather pricey but they seem to work well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know some of the things seemed a bit pricey to me too.....
      the cake was really yummy

      Delete
  9. imp sourceyou can try these out click siteRead Full Article this pageGoing Here

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's Disease Pt 11

  Here we are at another Friday which means it is time for more about Parkinson’s this week we are looking at depression. Depression is ve...