Tuesday 28 January 2014

A new job, an oil leak and warm potato bake


Good morning all, well I am home again, yippee, I missed my own bed and my own bath my bath is longer, wider and deeper than my brothers. Yesterday when I got home I had a hot bath and than went back to bed for a nap because I was so tired, for some reason I had trouble sleeping at Dave's place.

Now I want to say a big THANK YOU to all that wished Tim a happy birthday.

Let's move onto something more interesting, I have a house full of children and have done since I was woken up at 7.20am there is Leo, Sydney-May, Summer, and Daemon. Kathy is at work Jessica is going to pick up her work car and Kelli is just here because this is her home and she lives here.

Yes that is the big news Jessica has a job, she will be driving special needs children to and from school, well at the moment it is only one child but she is hoping she will get more during the next few months.

So today she is going to pick up the car and do a dry run, so she can figure out where to park when she picks up the child from the “OOSH” and at the school also.

Her first day of work will be tomorrow.

Tim is back at work today but his bus route is around private and catholic schools so they must go back today, well he knows some of them go back today others go back tomorrow.

Other news Jessica's car has another oil leak this motor is less then a year old so she is not happy I will take the car back tomorrow for them to look at it and give us a quote to repair it yet again.

Did I mention that on Sunday I went to go out and only got to the end of the street before I thought “this isn't right” I pull over and look at the tyres and bugga I had a flat tyre so I drove slowly to the back of my brother’s house and went in and rang Tim, well Kelli since Tim was still in bed to let her know so she could tell him when he woke up.

So he comes out to my brother's to change the tyre but not till 10.30am which would had been fine except instead of just changing the tyre and putting on the spare he took the tyre off repaired it and that had to go and pump it up and that involved going to 3 different service stations because the first 2 wouldn't work and all in all it took and hour to get everything done and then I had to drive back to Warners Bay and pick Kelli and the boys up to go to Sydney-May's 4th birthday party so I ended up being late and not in the best of moods.

I sent the potato bake with Tim who when he arrived gave it to Natasha and said put this in the oven which she did she just didn't turn the oven on so it was only warm I was not impressed.



16 comments:

  1. Failure to turn on the oven can be a problem. I am so grateful that Favorite Young Man is such a good mechanic and takes excellent care of my old car.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we had a mechanic in the family as it cost a small fortune to take one's car to one.

      Delete
  2. Good news your daughter has a job.
    It's always nice to sleep in your own bed, I know because each week I sleep at my dads.
    A saga about your flat tyre, but then again you are lucky to have someone to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a saga but it is all good now and hopefully there will not be any more trouble with it.

      Delete
  3. I love reading your adventures! Happy Late Birthday to Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is never a dull moment! Congrats to Jessica on her new job~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for Jessica!

    Car problems always cause aggravation. I hate anything dealing with cars needing repairs. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I don't like being the one who has to talk to the mechanic about the car repairs because honestly I know bugga all........

      Delete
  6. Good day my friend. Thank your for visiting me on my blog. I don't have G+ so I will likely come to see you here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you for dropping in for a visit feel free to come by any time

      Delete
  7. Just one of those days...darn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was and now it is gone and hope it doesn't come back anytime soon

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you've got a lot of the norm going on.... some good, some not so good.

    Wish the potato bake had stayed warmer for ya, maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete

Working Life in the 1890's Australia

Ok this week we are looking at farming in the 1890’s Australia with the invention of milking machines dairy farmers were encouraged to use t...