Monday 12 November 2012

I am such a dill......................


What a day for feeling like a dill.............yes I feel like a dill why you wonder well a week or two ago I sent my sister Sue a letter and at the end of the letter I asked her is she would like to catch up for coffee today. 

Anyway me and mum turn up and and waited but she didn't show and mum sent her a text about not showing and guess what it turns out I sent the letter to the wrong address..........so don't I feel like a dill.............lol I am so sorry sis I hope we can catch up later in the week............

On the way out to meet mum and Sue this morning I swear my car had a mind of it's own why because I drove as if I was going to the day care thankfully it didn't really make much of difference as I could still get to the shopping centre the way I was going.


This made me thing about doing things out of habit................like locking the bathroom door when I am the only person in the house or going over to my parents place and opening the fridge as soon as I walk into the kitchen this is something that not only I do but all my siblings as well.............My sisters have a habit of getting a can of Coke out of the back fridge as they walk past...........


So what type of things do you do out of habit?

20 comments:

  1. I always have to be sure the stove is off before I leave the house, even if I haven't cooked anything yet that day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always like to check that all the lights are off when I leave the house.......

      Delete
  2. Oh well we all make mistakes at times, so I do hope you catch up with your sister for coffee soon.

    My big habit is that when I go to my dads to stay each week, I grab a cloth and wipe all the sticky handles in the kitchen plus the microwave door :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are going to try coffee again on Thursday.......
      fingers crossed that goes well....

      Delete
  3. I am terrible for being almost on auto pilot when driving home from work. A couple of times in the months after moving, I nearly ended up in my old driveway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I drive a lot on auto pilot it is a wonder I don't have more accidents..........lol

      Delete
  4. Dearest Jo-Ann,
    Whenever I leave home, I check all the door and the stove. I cannot go out feeling secured without doing it, (^^;)

    Lots of love and hugs from sis-city in Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a long time to feel secure and safe in this house and not having to lock the doors even when I was home sitting in the lounge room......

      Delete
  5. Jo-Ann, I lock the door, then I check it by pushing it one more. Around 8 in the morning on a week day, i need a coffee and will make it without even thinking.
    My co-worker has the responsibility of locking the door at the end of the day. Everytime, she double check the door.
    My husband will wake up at 5 in the morning....I will sleep through till he calls me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually check that the door is looked and when I don't I will end up going out without the door being locked and I don't know how I manage it but it has happened a number of times........

      Delete
  6. I take my key outside with me even if I don't lock the door. My husband has locked me out before, not knowing I was outside and other times we get locked out strangely. Not sure if its the ghost or if the lock jiggles funny and somehow gets locked when the door is being closed.
    Of course, when I take my key, the door never gets locked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up leaving a key outside even though hubby wasn't happy about me doing so but after getting locked out a couple of times I decided it made sense to leave a key out the back

      Delete
  7. i always check and recheck because i always feel like i'm forgetting something

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when I leave the house and have a feeling I have forgot something and can't think what........

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I’m on autopilot, I drive to my veterinarian’s office. Shoot, I drive there when I’m going in his general direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I drive to the local shopping centre or the day care often I will be driving along and think how did I get here............lol

      Delete
  10. Oh no! what a mix up!
    I do a lot of little things around the apartment automatically.
    I hope you can get together with your sister soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes what a silling thing for me to do but no harm done we will be meeting up today........

      Delete

Working Life in the 1890's Australia

Ok this week we are looking at farming in the 1890’s Australia with the invention of milking machines dairy farmers were encouraged to use t...