Tuesday 10 March 2009

Feeling Distraught


Well everyone has heard the saying “with friends like that who needs enemies…………”

I will now give you an example of that saying my oldest daughter Kathy-Lee discovered last night that she was missing $1600 from her money box. There was no sign of a break in and the only other person who has been there is a so called friend of Kathy’s.

You can imagine how distraught she was when she realised she rang me in tears I handed the phone to Tim who spoke to her for a bit then when he hung up he rang the police they said a office would be out there straight away so he got Jessica to drive him to Kathy’s. The police arrived a few minutes after he did and took a statement had a look around agreed there was no sign of a break in and then took her friends name and phone number and said he would be speaking to her today.

This morning the finger print guy turned up and looked at the money box but said that he could only find a few smudged prints.

I will let everyone know what happens if anything.

5 comments:

  1. oh my, what a mess and I do hope the money is found. I wonder will it be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreadful...Nothing worse than being robbed and by a so called friend....The hard part is proving it....I hope the police can for your daughters sake....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo-Anne, I can understand the distress of such a discovery.
    Always remembered..

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awful. Just goes to show you can't trust anyone with your money or pin numbers. Hope she gets it back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi All she doesn't expect to get the money back and she still thinks it was her friend who took it although she said yesterday that one of her neighbours was avoiding her. I am going to ask permission to change the locks I think she will feel safer if we do that.

    ReplyDelete

Working Life in the 1890's Australia

Ok this week we are looking at farming in the 1890’s Australia with the invention of milking machines dairy farmers were encouraged to use t...